On Tue, 17. Jul 2001 um 07:00:01PM +0530, Fox Mulder wrote:
> whai i want to know is whether there is a way to find the number of unread messages
>in a folder when i am in another folder, or when i start mutt with the -y option, or
>if I do a "c?"

I had the same question, but you`ve given me the hint...

You can specify %N somewhere within >> set folder_format="..." <<.
That should do it, but it's the default anyway.
You will see a N where you put it, if a mailbox has new mail.

But I have another question.
I don't like having to press ? everytime I change a folder to see the
list. Is there a way to make this automated?

André.