Hi,

this is no specific mutt question, maybe a general mail delivery or MTA
question instead, but I would still like to know it. Some mail programs
offer the user the chance to set a so-called "priority" to the message
before the email is sent away. For example, the recipient of an email
which was written with MS Outlook Express can read in the header:

If I'm right the user should set here the urgency or importance of the
message. Either I'm wrong or I wonder how this should work. I think that
every computer in the internet treats every email equally, no matter
what the emails claim to be. Mails with 'normal priority' have no higher
probability to get lost or be more delayed than those with higher
priority. Also, there's no such priority stuff with mutt. Can anybody
explain the sense of that to me? By the way, what does 'X-UIDL' mean?

Kind regards,

-Jens