As fate always has it, I just fixed this about 5 minutes -after- my post
;)  I was checking some stuff on Sven Guckes' page and saw his
autocommand line to set mutt-only settings (since I didn't like
disturbing my coding settings).  After setting that I changed the editor
line to just 'vim' and it started working as I expected ;)  If any vim
junkies can clarify Chris' question, could you also clue me in as how to
count X lines from the top ?  This way I can turn on edit_headers but
still have the cursor start where the text would.  Thanks!

Kyle

* Chris Gushue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010731 23:33]:

--
Kyle Knack

"Three o'clock in the afternoon is always just a little
too late or a little too early for anything you want to do."
 -- Jean-Paul Sartre