On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Adam Shostack wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 07:30:40PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> > % I just upgraded to mutt 1.2.5, and its insisting on coloring
> > % everything.  I managed to get close to what I want by commenting
> >
> > Heh :-)
> >

> > % HAVE_COLOR out of config.h, but now I still get things like
> >
> > That's probably a good way to whack most stuff, but you could also check
> > in the system-wide Muttrc and your own .muttrc for any 'color' statements
> > and comment them out or turn them into 'mono' statements.
>
> Done, but that didn't leave me colorless; it left me with a grey
> background.  (eewwww!)

honestly - setting the terminfo up is the way to go (even slang will
stop trying to set the background color, btw, if you unset $COLORTERM).
If the terminal isn't capable of rendering bold, there's no reason for
the application to attempt it.

> > % underlining quoted text, boldface in headers, etc.  I want plain
> > % text.  Suggestions for how to get there?
> >
> > I dunno about bold (like the index status line, right?) but you can turn
> > off quote underlining by unsetting quote_regexp.
>
> No, actually bolded, using a heavier font.

taking sgr, bold out of the terminfo would work here (though I suspect
slang would try to "fix" the terminfo - ymmv)

--
T.E.Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dickey.his.com