* Jean-Sebastien Morisset ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [010822 12:03]:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 07:56:34PM +0200, Azzazel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I set mutt to automaticly delete everything after "-- "
> > [dash dash space]. It's very usefull when replying a message to
> > yahoogroups (their adds are automaticly removed).
>
> I wrote a little script (attached) called mutt-vim which does this for me,
> along with setting various other vim options (you'll want to change
> those). You'll have to set editor="mutt-vim" in order to call the script,
> of course. :-)

or how about this?
set editor="vim '+/^> -- $/,/^-- $/-d'"

Looks to me like that should delete everything between the quoted
signature and my signature on starting vim. I guess it would poop out,
though, if there is no quoted sigdash line in the original message.

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.

PGP signature