* Tim Whitehead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [09-Thu-01 10:18 -0700]:

 >I think that the problem is in my /etc/profile
 >
 >if [ "$COLORTERM" = "Eterm" ]; then
 >        TERM=xterm-color
 >else
 >        TERM=linux
 >fi
 >
 >This may be what is throwing off the TERM var. Because
 >when I comment out the wait line, mutt comes up in mono
 >again.
 >
 >any suggestions?

maybe something along the lines of

if [ "$COLORTERM" = "Eterm" ]; then
      TERM=xterm-color
elif [ "$TERM" = "gkrellm" ]; then
      TERM=xterm-color
else
      TERM=linux
fi

i am not too good with bash in general. i just go try to
figure out things i need wheni need them :)

also, check what $TERM var says when you log in using your
gkrellm. that test in 'elif' may need to be modified if TERM
is not gkrellm

also, neither do i know if this is an *official* bash way,
but things like these work in my startup files, even though
maybe they disgust people who really know bash :)

denis

--
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
// icq   : 12359698