Paul de Weerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on 09/11/2001:
> I recently switched to using Mutt for all my mail. Sure do like
> it ! But I do miss some tools I had back when using ELM, namely
> frm and nfrm. frm listed all mails in a specified mailbox (or
> $MAIL if none was specified) and nfrm listed all new mails (I
> think nfrm was a specialized form of frm, but I'm not sure).

I never used nfrm, but I missed frm when I moved to a machine
without elm installed.  I use a shell function as a frm
replacement (only works on mbox files, naturally).

frm () {
  mbox=$1
  if test -z $mbox; then mbox=$MAIL; fi
  egrep '^From ' $mbox
}

This is off the top of my head.  You'll probably need to tweak
it.   Add some fanciness using awk on the last line.

(darren)

--
Fanaticism consists in redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten
your aim.