On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 05:24:51AM +0800, Rino Mardo wrote:
> hi.  i noticed that on going out my gpg signed emails are sent as
> another mime attachments which could be annoying to users who have
> gui mua's.  how can i setup mutt so that gpg signs all appear together
> with the body of the message?
>
> thanks.
>
> --
> "In is out and out is in.  But out is out and in is in."
>       -- Pumbaa

hi Pumbaa,

set pgp_create_traditional=yes

from the man page:
       pgp_create_traditional
              Type: quadoption
              Default: no

              This  option  controls  whether Mutt generates old-
              style PGP encrypted or signed messages  under  cer­
              tain circumstances.

              Note  that  PGP/MIME will be used automatically for
              messages which have a character set different  from
              us-ascii,  or  which  consist of more than a single
              MIME part.

              Also note that using the old-style PGP message for­
              mat is strongly deprecated.

some other pgp questions,
mutt (1.2.5i) does a wonderful job of automatically verifying MIME/pgp signed
messages.  However it does not automatically verify inline pgp messages,
unless i pipe them to "gpg --verify".  is there a better way (i checked my
docs but have not yet searched the list archives)?

donfede