On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 08:13:39AM -0700 or thereabouts, Ryan Allen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just curious what people are using for an address book application
> if anything at all??  I use vim as my editor for mutt, and would like to
> know if there are any applications avaliable that work well with mutt
> and vim.  Curses based would be great, much like pine uses.
>
> What are people using out there, and how are they set up?
> Cut and Paste is only efficient for so long....

there's no separate address book application or an application itself.
mutt uses can use any text file you've set as your alias.  I have mine
set as "source ~/.mutt/alias" in my "~/.muttrc" and the format of the
alias file is:

alias mutt Mutt Users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

so whenever i type "mutt" in the "To:" field it gets expanded to the
real email address.  just like an address book application! :-)

you can also add entries to it using your favorite text editor and
just following the same format or while viewing an email just hit the
"a" key to add an alias.

hth and my 2cents.

--
"In is out and out is in.  But out is out and in is in."
        -- Pumbaa

PGP signature