--mvpLiMfbWzRoNl4x

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 at 18:18:09 +0200, Enrique de la Torre wrote:
> I'm a spanish mutt user. I use emacs as editor:
>=20
> ********
> set editor=3Demacs # really simple ;)
> ********
>=20
> Everytime I save an email, emacs shows a warning asking me to select
> the character coding system, because it finds some non ASCII
> characters (iso-8859-1):
>=20
> ********
> The target text contains the following non ASCII character(s):
>           latin-iso8859-1: =F3=ED=E1...
> These can't be encoded safely by the coding system undecided-unix.
> Select coding system (default iso-8859-1):
>=20
> [text/plain, 8bit, iso-8859-1, 0,1K] <=3D=3D USES 8-BIT ENCODING
> ********
>=20
> So I just hit enter and works. It uses a 8-bit conding system. If I
> use emacs alone, I have no problem with this characters, so I suppose
> mutt tells emacs not to use a 8-bit code with iso-8859-1. But I want
> mutt/emacs to use it by default, both 8-bit and iso-8859-1, instead of
> undecided-unix (i dont really know whats this..)

I think this is something to do with emacs alone, and not mutt.  As you
said emacs doesn't have a problem when editing 8-bit text on its own,
maybe this could be because of some email-mode in emacs that's trying to
help by complaining about 8-bit text?

If you are running an emacs-mode or -plugin (i'm not too familiar with
emacs myself, i'm a vim fan) for mail messages, have you tried disabling
it?

--=20
Piet Delport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Today's subliminal thought is: