On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 05:56:14AM +0000, matej wrote:
> trying to get off-line IMAP up and running (on RedHat 7.0/i386). Tried
> isync, but it unfortunately use maildir format for mailboxes (I prefer
> standard mbox). So, I found a mailsync (on
> http://mailsync.sourceforge.net). However, I have no success with its
> compilation. First, I tried to compile it with imap-devel-2001.3 package
> by setting up particular variables to /usr/include, but it failed saying
> that it is not possible *or, and *not in the names of variables  with
> C++. Therefore, I tried to compile original c-library from
> imap-2001.BETA.SNAP-0107221451 from UW IMAP homepage. No, success (the
> same mistake -- only it complained also about *and, to make it complete
> :-).
>
> Does anybody have succeeded with compilation of mailsync and could he
> send me working .src.rpm, please? Or would anybody advice, what should
> I do to be able to compile (preferably, over imap-devel) mailsync? Or
> is it possible to persuade insync to use mbox folders?

Hi,

when nobody helped me, I had to help myself! Although, I have not
succeed in compilation of mailsync yet, I have get isync up and running
(although, I had to change my inbox to maildir -- oh, well). However, I
would like to warn everybody that it is really necessary to put in your
.muttrc following line:

set maildir_trash=yes

Moreover, due to reasons unknown to me, isync 0.5 doesn't seem to react
on 'Expunge yes' in my .isyncrc (see attached), but -e parametr on
command line works.

Another victory, so that my wife won't laugh me, that I was not able to
do something which was easy with her Windows notebook. :-)

        Have a nice day and happy emailing

                        Matej Cepl

--
Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the
Galileans whose blood Pilate has mixed with their sacrifices. "Do you

# Global configuration section
#   Values here are used as defaults for any following Mailbox section that
#   doesn't specify it.

# by default, expunge deleted messages (same as -e on command line)
Expunge yes
MailDir /home/matej/.mail

# copy deleted messages to the IMAP "Trash" folder
CopyDeletedTo Trash

# my default username, if different from the local username
Host    lynx.neu.edu
User johndoe
Pass    *****
RequireSSL no
Port    143
MaxSize 0

###
### Mail na Lynx.neu.edu
###

Mailbox inbox
Box inbox
# define a shortcut so I can just use "isync work" from the command line
Alias   lynx-inbox

Mailbox draft
Box postponed
Alias lynx-draft