* R. Leponce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [03-10-2001 17:13]:

|  - my "alternates" param is set to "R. Leponce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

I think this is the problem. First, don't include your name in the
alternates variable. Just email addresses.

Second, IIRC the alternates variable takes regexps as value.

So, escape "." and so on.

Example (my $alternates):

set alternates="rene@clerc\.nl|rene@echteman\.nl|webmaster@clerc\.nl| \
                postmaster@clerc\.nl|rene@tryllian\.com"

(And of course, this regexp could be much shorter (too much rene's) ;-)

(But, of course, this regexp could be much unclearer too!)

|  - the next line doesn't work either:
| color   index        brightgreen default  ~p

This is because of the incorrect alternates.

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

If you want something very, very badly, let it go free. If it comes
back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, it was never yours to
begin with.