On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:26:23PM -0500, Lance Simmons (dis)graced my inbox with:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:12:09AM -0600, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 11:42:27PM -0500, Lance Simmons (dis)graced my inbox with:
> > > Is it possible to mark a read message in a mailbox as unread, thereby
> > > keeping it from automatically being moved to another mailbox (since I've
> > > got a folder-hook setting "move" to "yes")? Seems like an obvious thing
> > > to want to be able to do, but I can't seem to find it in the manual.
> >
> > Well, Ken's answer will work for you, ...
>
> Yes.
>
> > Don't you think mbox hooks would be so much better than folder hooks for
> > what you are doing with the old mail? :)
>
> I'm using an mbox hook to specify where to save read mail from certain
> mailboxes, and a folder hook to set move to yes for read mail in those
> mailboxes.
>

> For example:
>
>  folder-hook =mutt-users set move=yes
>  mbox-hook =mutt-users +archive/mutt-users-archive
>
> Is there another, better arrangment I should consider?

Well, that's kind of redunant, I think - if you set your mbox hooks only
for the mbox's you want moved, and then you just turn on move globally,
it will only move the messages in the mbox's that you have mbox hooks
set up for - this is because mutt has nowhere to move the messages from
other folders, so it doesn't.

In other words, delete all your folder hooks and just set move to yes :)

That's how I've got it set up, anyway.

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
[EMAIL PROTECTED]