On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 08:55:20AM -0800, Michael Montagne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The threaded view in that mutt offers for viewing mailing list messages
> is very cool.  I haven't performed many modifications to the stock
> install.  Every so often an asterisk will appear in the branch to the
> message subject.  What is the significance of the asterisk?  I looked in
> the manual and couldn't find it.

It means that mutt couldn't thread the message by message-id, but it
found a likely match based on subject.  If you don't want this, you can
set $strict_threads.  If you want it to be even more liberal about what
it attaches to what, you can unset $sort_re.  The default settings are
probably a good compromise, though.

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We should go forth on the shortest walk perchance, in the spirit of
undying adventure, never to return,--prepared to send back our embalmed
hearts only as relics to our desolate kingdoms."
                                        --Henry David Thoreau, "Walking"