Magnus Bodin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on 11/09/2001:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 08:32:33PM -0700, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
> >
> > I'd be willing to bet that perl's implementation of regex is starkly
> > different than mutt's.
>
> mutts regexp == POSIX?
> Is it gnu or classic Henry Spencer?

Perl's regular expression engine is a very modified version of
POSIX regexes, to the point where Perl's regexes are not
compatible with any other regexes[1].  Take a look at Jeffrey
Friedl'a "Mastering Regular Expressions" for more details.

(darren)

[1] But Take a look the PCRE (the Perl-Compatible Regular Expression)
    library, written by Philip Hazel (the guy wrote wrote Exim),
    at <URL:http://www.pcre.org/>.

--
To do nothing is to be nothing.