On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:41:48AM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2001-11-14 13:57:37 +0100, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
>
> >I have started to subscribe to a mailing list digest, which I have
> >not done before, but it is mostly of things I don;t need to read
> >immediately but can browse every couple of days. What I do want to
> >do is to do something to the digest(s) so that I can deal with
> >them in the "normal" way, i.e. get threads etc. I am thinking that
> >grepmail may be able to do this (if I get time today I will have a
> >look-see), but I am sure many people have done this before, so any
> >tips would be appreciated.
>
> This sounds more like job for procmail putting the individual list
> messages into a folder of their own than like a job for digests...

Yes I understand that, but it's not really what I want to do.
I want a means of downloading a digest, as a digest, i.e. a single
message and then by some jiggery-pokery undigesting it, perhaps
temporarily (a la grepmail). I know there are MUA's that can do this,
but mutt cannot (and I have *no* intention of giving up mutt just
for this btw, it is in my opinion a brilliant piece of software which
makes mail-reading as painless as possible).

I do use procmail btw, but it is a pig, both resource wise and
syntactically...it looks like it was born in the same barn as
sendmail.
My MTA is postfix, my MUA is mutt .. both of these I am very happy with.
The man in the middle ..Procmail.. I dislike intensely...but that is OT here.

Thanks for the input anyway.

--
Regards
Cliff