Mike --

...and then Mike Erickson said...
% hello,

Hi!

%
% q in browser is currently bound to 'exit' which prompts you for a
% mailbox name to go to. I'd like it to return me to the index I just came
% from, but can't figure out how to do this with.

Let's see, here...  I don't change mailboxes much (I fire up new mutts
instead :-) but I think I hear you say that you want to abort the mailbox
change.  If that's the case, ctrl-G oughta do you just fine.

No, I just tried it from a junk mailbox and am astonished to find that
ctrl-G does not work once you've hit <tab><tab>.  You might have to
use a macro to re-bind q to <exit> and ctrl-G -- though, upon looking
through the bindings page, I don't see the key sequence and an associated
name, like <abort> or something.

So I don't know if I've been any help at all :-)

%
% I've tried a macro that uses q^A^K<enter>  but that didn't work, and it
% doesn't look like there is a prebuilt function that I can bind to (?).
%
% Any ideas?

HTH & HAND

%