* Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [21-11-2001 20:28]:

| > When I send mail to a particular friend, I set the fcc folder to the
| > folder in which procmail delivers mail from this friend. This folder
| > is listed in my 'mailboxes' directive.
| >
| > But, however, when I am _not_ in my friends folder, and send mail to
| > that friend, Mutt thinks that I have new mail in that folder. Of
| > course (, Rob, ;-) Mutt is right in thinking that, but it does confuse
| > me a bit (whow, a reply *that* fast?).
| >
| > What's a reasonable workaround for this?
|
| i could be wrong, but i don't think there's a way to do this with mbox
| delivery (unless mutt can somehow copy messages to an mbox without
| modifying the mbox's modification time.

I don't believe it can :(

| however if you use maildir (which might be a pain to switch to /
| undesirable for other reasons) i think you will get the desired
| behavior.

That's the problem: I have a very old HD, small, and all seperate
mails will fill my HD up in no time...

Thanks anyway,

--
René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse
will happen to you the rest of the day.

[Well, actually, to either of you...  Ed.]