Sometimes I like to have the mail sent when I exit my editor -
often in fact - meaning I skip the compose screen.

So I used to fiddle a lit with the set editor command but that is not
the answer, I just tried this:

macro w index "<mail><enter><send-message>"

and this works when you have a pending message as I did
cause the <enter> answers the prompt to resume the postponed
message, then you edit that message and voila it sends
automatically on closing the editor.

But when you have no pending message (as is normal for me)
then the <send-message> ends up as a suggested subject.

Am I being dense?  What is the way to do this?

--
Eric Smith