On 011126, at 23:02:16, Patrik Modesto wrote
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 04:33:39PM -0500, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > On 11/26/01 10:21 PM, Patrik Modesto sat at the `puter and typed:
> > > I often get mail with attachement like this:
> > >
> > > begin 666 Studie.doc
> > > MT,\1X*&Q&N$`````````````````````/@`#`/[_"0`&```````````````!
> > > <snip>
> > > `
> > > end
> > >
> > > It is sent from MSOE ...
> > >
> > > What can be wrong?
> >
> > Looks like a M$ Word attachment. You have to edit the mailcap file and
> > tell it how to handle these attachments. You might want to take a look
>
> But this attachment doesn't have any application/... signature. It is
> completely inline. What line should I add in mailcap?

Do the message headers indicate that it is a multi-part message?  If
so, there should be a Content-Type header for the attachment.
You'll need a mailcap entry to tell it how you want that type
decoded.

If the headers don't indicate a multi-part message, the "attachment"
hasn't been sent as an attachment and mutt won't recognize it as
such.

--
David Ellement