On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 07:17:14PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> Cliff --
>
> ...and then Cliff Sarginson said...
> % File Locking + NFS = very bad news
>
> Agreed.  If he has to use an mbox, though, he may not have many choices
> (my drop-in-mbox+run-razor+move-to-maildir kludge being one of them).
>

> %
> % It is inherently unreliable.
>
> Always?

I would not design a production quality mail setup that relied on it
if that is what you are asking.
But NFS is way past it's sell by date in my view.
Some technologies get streeeeetched beyond their design limitations.

Time synchronisation (or lack thereof) is also a royal pain in the
butt with any application relying on very accurate time keeping.

There are alternatives.

But that is OT, and not very helpful for this problem :(

--
Regards
Cliff