On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:34:46PM +0100, Cristian wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I'm not quite sure if Kenneth is right.
>
> For a reference on the <( ... ) construct of the bash shell, enter
> this in a shell if you have the stand-alone `info' viewer installed:
>
> $ info --index-search="process substitution" bash
>
> In Emacs, type "C-h m bash i process substitution <ENTER>".
>
> Read it carefully -- it's fun to use!

Cool!  I logged onto one of the Linux systems here and found the info
description OK, but when I tried it out, I got an error:

    $ vi <(ls)
    sh: syntax error: `(' unexpected

I'll have to find out from the Linux sys admin why this doesn't work.
This would be great for doing stuff like diff'ing the outputs of two
commands.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA