On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 03:07:59AM +0100, Cliff Sarginson (dis)graced my inbox with:
> I still feel very dumb on this.
> Can someone explain to an idiot what the scoring is for
> and how you use it.
> The manual assumes you know.
> I assume it is some kind of super-filtering technique.

I don't actually use scoring myself, but it is a neat idea.

Each message has a score. The score is determined by rules that you set
up. So if you hate emails from "Joe", you can set up a rule that gives
messages from Joe a really low score.

After a message gets it's score, you can take action based on the score.
for instance, you might want to put messages with a high score into a
special folder like ~/mail/important or something, and messages with a
low score into the garbage.

HTH ;)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park