Nick --

...and then Nick Wilson said...
%
% Hi

Hello!

% Although I have this line in .muttrc
% set record="~/Mail/records/"
% Mutt appears to be saving outgoing copies of my mail to ~/Mail.

$record is supposed to be a single mailbox (mbox file, Maildir dir, or
whatever), but since you pluralize it here I bet that you wanted to have
a directory containing all of your records for each user.

If you want to save by username, set $save_name (and probably
$force_name).  If you want to save by username under some other
directory, use something like

  fcc-hook . =records/%O

to force mutt to use the 'O'riginally-planned filename but put it
under =records instead of =.

%
% Why is this happening. Am I missing something somewhere?

It could just be a miscommunication :-)

%
% Many thanks guys

HTH & HAND & Happy New Year to all