* David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020105 22:37]:
> Nick --
>
> I see you got that PGP/gpg signature thing figured out :-)
>

> ...and then Nick Wilson said...
> %
> % Hi everyone
>
> Hello!
>

> %
> % I'm using Sven Guckes .muttrc with of course a few alterations of my
> % own. Problem is that whenever I hit 'c' I get tons of files as I
> % believe I have $save_name and $force_name enabled.
>
> So every time you send a note to someone the copy gets sent in a file
> specific to that user.  Good enough; I do the same.
>
> If it's just too many files, what do you have defined for mailboxes?  I
> get all of my incoming mail in =F.* or $spoolfile, so my mailboxes
> command simply says
>
>   mailboxes $MAIL `echo $HOME/Mail/F.*`
>
> and it works for me...
>

> %
> % This all seems very confusing to me.
> %
> % What I would like is to be able to retrieve sent mails easily and the
> % same with received mails. What is the normal procedure? I have nothing
>
> That's what I do, so I'm not sure why it's so confusing or how you'd
> rather structure it...
>

> % to base my decisions on so thought I might ask for some opinions on an
> % optimal setup. (I do plan to get into procmail to isolate lists but
> % that's another topic for now)
>
> I won't go there, then.
>

> %
> % Any opinions as to how to devise a simple setup would be most
> % appreciated.
> %
> % Ta very much :)

Okay, I think I gethca.
I guess it's only confusing to me to see so many files when i hit 'c'.
My mbox file is also somewhere in that dir (and I still havn't worked
out if thats working as it should!) also and it just seems a bit messy.
But I guess it makes some sense.

Come to think of it I reckon it's probably a bit better than having and
individual file for each individual message.

But should mbox and records be mixed up in there also?

Ps. Got the my_hdr thing sorted: Ta very much.

Nick Wilson

Tel:    +45 3325 0688
Fax:    +45 3325 0677
Web:    www.explodingnet.com