Hi there,

some time ago I reported problems with mailcap handlers for tar.(gz|bz2)
files. I didn't investigate it further until yesterday when I tried (and
failed) to get mutt recognize a file by its extension no matter where I
put the ext -> MIME type mapping (i. e. /usr/local/etc/mime.types or
~/.mime.types).

I got really bothered by this, and run mutt in strace. While I could see
mutt opening ~/.mailcap, there was no mention of mime.types. So I got
mutt log debug info, but this didn't show mutt using mime.types either.
Might be the right piece of code doesn't call the dprint() macro; the
only place where the code mentions mime.types is check_mime_type() in
sendlib.c, however. Plus, it looks like this function is only called
when you *compose* a message (because then I get the right content
type).

So... could someone point me to the function which mutt uses to
determine the MIME type of the attachments when you view a message?

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
5:39PM up 2 days, 22:35, 19 users, load averages: 0.22, 0.24, 0.10