Andy --

...and then Andy Davidson said...
%
% At 04:50 AM 1/21/02 -0600, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
% >
% >Personally, I use maildir for all my 'active' mailboxes (read: the ones
% >I use mbox for my archive mailboxes, because it's simpler and more compact
%
% I am in the process of converting to using mutt, so I've been playing

Welcome!

% a bit.  And it appears that the archive mailboxes *have* to be mboxes.
% If I try to save a message to an existing maildir folder, mutt objects.

Um, that shouldn't be the case.  mutt will happily read and write mbox,
Maildir, MMDF, and MH mailboxes with no complaints.  Are you sure you're
using the trailing slash (dunno if it's really necessary)?  What is the
objection?  Can you give us more details?

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]