Nick --

...and then Nick Wilson said...
%
% Would that make it
% D~m *
%
% if I wanted to completely empty a mailbox?

It looks like not:

    4.2.  Patterns
         ~m [MIN]-[MAX]  message in the range MIN to MAX *)
    *) The forms <[MAX], >[MIN], [MIN]- and -[MAX] are allowed, too.

You could do ~m 1- however...

I usually tag and then delete, so I'd probably

  T.
  ;d

but, then again, I'd probably also

  T~m 1-2000
  ;d

for Jason's case just because of habit.

You could probably

  D.

to delete everything that matches any single character.

As I think about it, D is a nice thing because I don't have to mess with
conditional tagging.  It's a shame there isn't a <save-pattern>, 'cuz
that would make such a thing even simpler...

%
%
% --
%