On Jan 26, Rob 'Feztaa' Park [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Alas! Jeremy Blosser spake thus:
>
> > one of the managers actually suggested it was a flaw of qmail that it
> > didn't crash at this point, to act as a break point. :)
>
> Linux: Too stable for it's own good!
>
> That's a new one on me ;)

Yeah... there's a little more to that... we'd just switched from a Novell
Groupwise system to using Exchange for the group mail stuff with qmail on
the border handling the real incoming/outgoing mail (talk about your bad
news/good news situations).  This was pretty much the first Friday after we
switched.  When he heard the story, one of the old Groupwise admins
commented that the Groupwise system used to go down every Friday at about
the same time, and they never quite knew why... they just bounced the
server and it was fine again.  So the theory (among managers anyway) became
that this was some kind of regular mail that had been going on all along,
but had never been a "problem" before because Groupwise just crashed and it
died there.  It seems to me there would still be a queue with those
messages waiting to go out again that would keep causing problems til they
fixed it, but I don't know Groupwise.