I have FreeBSD and redhat 7.2 running on my athalon machine. On the
redhat os I am using sendmail configured using the install-sendmail 5.5
script from freshmeat and on the FreeBSD os I have sendmail installed,
but configured just as it came out of the box. Sending mail to myself
@yahoo.com works fine (both os's), sending mail to my friend @aol.com
seems to bounce on both os's.

The aol machine is a new windows xp (yeah, I know it sucks) that she
just got.

Is there something I have to change in my config files to allow my mail
to get through to aol? I've been using sendmail and linux for the last 2
years and not had any problem with her address, but now that I think
about it, other aol mails have bounced.

I haven't been checking the list closely, apologies if there's a huge
thread on this that I'm unaware of.