in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
wrote Mike Schiraldi thusly...

> > ...which, of course, doesn't work as desired.  what i want/wish is
> > to have indicator in reverse colors in the index.  mono reverse is,
> > well, not colored.
>
> I'm not 100% sure what you want, but if it's the following, try the latest
> mutt out of CVS.
>
> If the indicator bar is defined as "mono indicator reverse" (the default),
> this is now treated as a special case. Mutt looks up what colors the message
> would be drawn in if it were -not- the currently selected message, and it
> reverses those. So if a message is drawn in the index as red on green when
> it is not selected, it will be green on red when it is selected.

yes, exactly that mike.  and that was also exactly the how i
imagined/hoped "mono indicator reverse" to work when i tried.

as far as building from cvs goes, i will wait until that version is
released to the masses.  it's a gushy & gooey feeling that above
behaviour will be available from the mutt itself.

did i thank the developers of mutt yet?  well, thank you
developers & maintainers of the mailer that sucks the least.

 - parv