Hi,

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 Knute spewed into the ether:
[-- snip --]
> >     fetchmail -> MTA -> procmail -> folder(s)
>
> > or am I missing something ?
>
> What I meant was that when you hit G for the default getmail function
> that mutt has, it doesn't run it thru procmail,  it just gets it.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And my question is, Why does it *not* run it through procmail ? Does
this mean that fetchmail is writing to the spool folder ? AFAIK,
fetchmail does not do that. Hence, I am guessing, fetchmail hands the
mail over to your MTA, and your MTA doesn't pass the mail on to
procmail.

Could you check the mail headers and see whether fetchmail is handing
over mail to the MTA or not. I wish I could check this functionality
myself, but I don't have fetchmail installed right now, and am feeling
too lazy to install it ;-)

pv.
--
Prahlad Vaidyanathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Remember Darwin; building a better mousetrap merely results in smarter mice.