I'm trying to get moved over to mutt.  I've had it with Pine roles,
it's driving me nuts.

IMAP implementation has me a bit confused.  I have 3 IMAP mailboxes,
on 3 diferent servers.  If I understand the docs correctly, I can
switch between them using the 'c' command inside Mutt.  Typing out
the "imap://<servername>/INBOX" isn't working though.

The documentation talks about "commands" available.  They don't
appear to work in the Muttrc file.  (Assume, for simplicity, it's a
single user system and I'm making configs in the master Muttrc file)
I've tried both "mailboxes" and "account-hook".  The only thing that
worked was spoolfile in "{<server>}INBOX" format, but not in
"imap://<server>/INBOX format".  However, that assumes only one IMAP
box.

Can someone straighten me out here?  The documentation talks about
"initialization files".  These are somehow different than RC files?

The Mutt and IMAP document tends to gloss over these details.
E.g.
1.1  To point mutt to an IMAP mailbox, write your mailbox in IMAP
     URL format:
      imap://hostname/mailbox

Write it?  Write it where?  :)  rc file? (didn't work, maybe was
using wrong parameter)  initialization file?  commandline?  (didn't
work with -f)

I'm just missing some mental building blocks that the docs don't
cover.

--
William Guynes