Terence --

Before I forget, I should note that the proper list address is not
the @gbnet address but [EMAIL PROTECTED] as I have set it above.
While mutt.org is currently hosted at gbnet and the @gbnet form
sometimes leaks through, it's better to use the @mutt.org address.

...and then Terence Ng said...
%
% Hi!

Hello!

%
% I have just set up my mail server using postfix.  Then I read the mail by using
Mutt.  After I read the mails and want to delete it, I press 'd' or '^d'.  But, I got
'Mailbox is read-only' message.  Why?

It sounds like mutt was not installed as a member of the mail group or
like mutt_dotlock was not installed with special permissions, depending
on how your mutt build is configured.

%
% I have checked the permission by typing:
% ls -ld /var/spool/mail/ngterry

Check the permissions of mutt and mutt_dotlock with something like

  ls -ld `which mutt` `which mutt_dotlock`

and then check how mutt was built with

  mutt -v

and let us know what you get.

HTH & HAND