On Feb 08, William Guynes [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> I tend to not want to see all headers normally (having a full screen
> of headers just doesn't entice me to read the message).  But, I tend
> to need them when I report spam using forward.

If you turn off $forward_decode you'll get this effect without touching
$weed.

> I've given thought to re-binding the default forward key to...
>    1) set weed=yes
>    2) forward-message
>    3) set weed=no

Er, you do realize this turns $weed on for forwarding, and off otherwise,
which is the opposite of what you first said you wanted?

> From looking at all the available examples, I think I'll have to
> make a macro then bind the f key to it.
> Is there a way to perform a set command in a keybinding?
> If so, what's the syntax for multiples, assuming no macro?

Multiple what?  A keybinding is to bind a key to a defined function in a
key map.  Anything more complex is by definition a macro.  There's nothing
bad about using a macro instead of keybinding, either, so it doesn't really
matter...

> Also, I'm not sure I can perform the toggle while in index mode, but
> would have a better chance in pager mode.
> Can the binding even do the toggle in index menu?

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: Macros can call <enter-command> from anywhere, and 'set' is
always a valid command.