Maarten den Braber muttered:
> * Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020210 15:33]:
> > Ok, did that, here's what I get:
> > [root@farzaan mutt-1.3.27]# make install
> > ./patchlist.sh < ./PATCHES > patchlist.c
> > /bin/sh: ./patchlist.sh: Permission denied
> > make: *** [patchlist.c] Error 126
> >
> > patchlist.c is an empty file in the mutt source directory.
>
> What are the permissions of patchlist.sh? It normally gives this error
> (Permission denied) when the file is not executable. Try doing chmod u+x
> patchlist.sh.

patchlist.sh *is* executable. Or rather I should say *was*. I couldn't
wait so I downloaded 1.3.27 at a friend's place (he has cable internet). I
am now running 1.3.27 but I would still like to know why I got these
errors. Also, are there any specific steps that need to be taken when
patching mutt either using diff's or third-party patches?

regards,

Sharukh.
--
Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri