Andre Berger wrote:

> Could anyone please explain what mutt does when "bouncing" a message? Is it
> re-sending to a different address with the same Msg-ID?

bouncing just reinjects the message into your local mta without changing
it, so yeah it will leave the messageid intact.

> I'm asking this because those messages never seem to make it through
> my procmail duplicates filter

hrmm usually i only 'bounce' messages to people or addresses other than
the one i've already received the message to....

if it's a problem, you could set procmail to copy the duplicates to
another folder instead of deleting them (check the procmailex man page
for syntax).

--
William Yardley
GnuPG public key: http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/gpg.asc