On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Thomas Baker wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Adam Byrtek wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:56:20 +0100
> > From: Adam Byrtek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: searching across mailboxes

Well that was fun.  Made me wonder what I broke in mutt! :)
hehehe...

> > On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 09:43:42AM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> > > Is there a way in mutt to search across all my local mailboxes for a
> > > message that is from a specific person and then display the list of
> > > matches so I can go through and look for the message I want?
> >
> > You should try grepm at
> > http://www.barsnick.net/sw/grepm.html

> I understand grepmail (http://sourceforge.net/projects/grepmail) does
> something like this, but I haven't tried it myself (and am curious).

grepm is a wrapper for grepmail.
It works well, but grepm only searches one mailbox for matches.
Grepmail -- according to the manpage has the option for recursion
though.

When I've used grepm,  it works great, and is easier to find matches
than searching thru the index to find it.

--
Knute

You live, You die.  Enjoy the interval!
        -- Clarence