On 15:56 23 Feb 2002, Rob Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| At  2:35 PM EST on February 23 Thomas Hurst sent off:
| > Easy, just run it through something that gives more detailed errors:
| >
| > test.rb:2: invalid regular expression; there's no previous pattern, to
| > which '*' would define cardinality at 2:
|
| Can you tell us specifically what "something" is?

Hmm. Ruby? (Guessing from extension.) Perl might do well too:
Eg:
        perl -e '/regexp-goes-here/'
and see if it explodes.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

What the hell, it's only 4 month's grant - I can live in a cardboard box, and
catch pigeons for food. After all, I've got raytracing to do!
        - [EMAIL PROTECTED]