On 05-Mar-02 at 19:03, David DeSimone's inspired musing was thus :
> This is documented as a known bug in IMAP:
>
>     * Server copy currently doesn't take into account uncommitted
>       changes in messages about to be copied.  Sync first.
>
> The advice works.  When you sync (hit "$") the folder, the changes made
> by Mutt are sent to the server (Messages are marked as Read), and then
> when you ask Mutt to save/copy the message to another folder, the flags
> will be correct.

This may be documented as a bug, but take this:

MUTT is working locally with a mirror of what it read off the server. Unless
you sync with the mailserver, the actual flags on the mail server are not the
same as the ones you see on your screen. You have to send your new flags back
to the server before they change on the server.

If you copy a message to another folder, mutt will just ask the server to move
the message, without (probably) loading it locally first (why transfer a large
message to mutt over a dialup connection only to stick it back on the
server?). So the flags on the server will still be unchanged unless you have
$ynced.

I can't really tell, but I suspect this is the case since I am
dialling up to my workstation via SSH and therefore have a 100mbps link to the
mailserver at all times.

--
|-Simon White
|-Internet Services Manager