Le 11/03/02 à 15:54, Simon White écrivit:
> Hello
>
> I am having some performance problems with IMAP via MUTT, it seems hungrier
> for I/O than PINE was. However, I like mutt enough to put up with some
> slowness, but over a 10mbps network direct to the mailserver I'd expect it to
> be a bit better.
>
> Maybe a better IMAP server would help. I can find IMAP servers (Cyrus, UW,
> dkimap) but it is difficult to get an objective opinion on which is best,
> since I have seen them all flamed.
>
> Anyone have a reasonable IMAP daemon that they are happy with? I don't know
> what is running here but it's not been updated for /at least/ two years!!!

I'm quite happy with Courier-IMAP. I've recently switched to it from
UW-imapd for my home network. IMAP performance didn't improve, however
(I didn't measure, but I can't feel any subjective improvement). I've
got 100 MBit ethernet, btw.

Reading the ~5000 emails from my mutt-user folder takes approx. 18
seconds. That's really slow, IMNSHO. I think the only thing that would
really help would be to install a *local* IMAP cache of some sort. But I
don't know if such a beast even exists.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930