On 2002.03.13, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Ken Weingold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.  The problem was indeed
> ncurses.  I installed it into my home dir and mutt built perfectly.
> But I can't keep it, since it takes up a good percentage of my quota.
> So here's my question.  Once mutt is built, does it build the ncurses
> info it needs into the binary, or does it still need the ncurses
> install?

Run "ldd mutt". This will tell you what shared dependencies the binary
has (including whether it used the shared or static libs from your
ncurses build).

Alternatively, you can assure yourself of the situation by removing the
ncurses*.so files from the ncurses tree, removing your mutt binary, and
rerunning "make" in the mutt tree to force it to link with the static
libraries.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago