Right, let's see how many faux pas I can commit _this_ time...

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:32:39PM +0100, Sven Guckes wrote:
> > Yeah, I simply defined this macro:
> > macro index m ":unmy_hdr Importance\n<mail>"
> > which clears the my_hdr: thing.
>
> however, you will thereby lose 'm' for the "mail"
> command.  maybe you have no use for this, but...

Well, no - the new definition of "m" turns off the header, then
invokes mutt's internal <mail> command...  It works fine.

> I suggest to use header editing and
> simply add some lines to the header
> by reading in the contents of some
> file containing additional headers.
>
> so - for the vi users:
>   map ## 1G}-:r ~/.mutt/myheaders
>
> the great think about header editing is
> that you can use the full power of your
> editor to edit not only the body
> but also all of the header.
> (eat your heart out, pico weenies! ;-)

It seems we agree about _something_, at least - vi all the way!
A good solution, too.  I'll try it out and see how it fits.

Sven - in relation to your rather, um, raging posting yesterday,
please tell me where to find out more about the ASCII ribbon campaign,
and the URL to an online petition.  I also need lessons in being
less bloody English, I guess, so I can stand up against the Beast of
Redmond and all its minions and slaves...  ;-)

Once again, thanks all.

Dan