On Tue 26-Mar-2002 at 10:16:16AM -0800, jennyw wrote:

> set spoolfile=imap://jennyw@localhost/INBOX
> set folder=imap://jennyw@localhost/

I have something similar (with courier-imap), except both $spoolfile and
$folder point to /INBOX

> What happens is that when I first run mutt, I see my inbox. Great! When I
> type c to change folders and type ? to get a list, I see:
>
> 1     IMAP +                                INBOX.
> 2     IMAP                                  INBOX
>
> When I click on either one of these options, I get a list of my folders
> (I'm using Courier-IMAP and all folders are children of INBOX).  There
> does not seem to be a way to get back to see the messages in my inbox.

c ! <enter> will take you back to the index (! is an alias for
$spoolfile).

> Even when I type c, then type imap://jennyw@localhost/INBOX or
> imap://jennyw@localhost I get the the two lines above instead of my
> messages.

I was stuck on this for a while.  When you use the browser, <enter>
changes directory/folder, but you use <space> to actually open the
folder in the index (Once you get used to tab-completion, you'll never
use the browser anyway - I can't remember the last time I used it).

--
Bruno                                           http://bruno.postle.net/