Rocky --

...and then Rocky Giannini said...
%
% Hi Folks,

Hello!

%
% I'm attempting to use mutt (V1.3.28i) to seamlessly read mail on a local
% spool *and* two imap servers.

Sounds easy enough.

%
% account-hook . 'unset imap_user'
% account-hook imap://imap1.blah.com 'set folder=imap://imap1.blah.com/Mail; set
imap_user=myuser'
% account-hook imap://imap2.blah.com 'set folder=imap://imap2.blah.com; set
imap_user=otherimapuser'
%
% However, if I change back to ! (the inbox on the local system), the
% folder designation remains stuck on the previous IMAP designation, and if
% I try to save to =folder, mutt attempts to use a folder on the previous
% IMAP server.

I think your clue is in your default account-hook statement.  What if you
had

  account-hook . 'unset imap_user ; set folder=/path/to/folder"

there?

This is untested, but I *do* know that you'll have to reset folder somehow
after you set it with the account-hook commands for imap1 and imap2;
as you've shown us your muttrc, mutt is working exactly as expected.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]