begin  quoting what Mark J. Reed said on Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:18:57AM -0500:

> You can also put two 'w's on /usr/ucb/ps and get the full command line of
> every process,

Nope; it has a cutoff after a certain number of characters, and there's
nothing you can do about it.

We ran into this problem when one of our developers wrote an application
on Linux that did a "ps" and looked for a string, when the process in
question was in an extremely long path and was run with the full path
name.  When he ported it to Solaris, it wouldn't work, even with
/usr/ucb/ps, because of the cutoff.

I suggested we install GNU ps, but nobody in management wanted to hear that.