Rocco --

...and then Rocco Rutte said...
%
[talking about PGP passwords and such]
%
% I type it every time because it's a security feature and I try to store
% passwords in my mind only. I do not even want to store it somewhere in
% memory and/or swap.

Good idea on how to store; better safe than sorry is not an unwise maxim.

FWIW, if gpg is installed on your machine with the proper root permissions
then it can keep the passphrase from being swapped out to disk, which
means that you need only distrust root[*] sniffing around in memory and
not worry about someone tearing into your box...

[*] Which could, admittedly, be the whole world if the rest of your
machine is not well configured.

%
% Typing more often also makes me forget it less often... ;-)

Yeah, there is that.  I haven't had that problem with a passphrase yet,
though, I'm glad to say!

%
% Cheers, Rocco.

HAND