* David Collantes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-05 17:47]:
> For me, it will be nice if I could "mutt --dump-vars"
> and have a .muttrc-full some something dumped on my directory,
> with all options and their explanation as they are on the init.h.
> Ideas, suggestions, anyone?

dont add bloat!

i have to admit that the creation of a setup file
with all options is a good idea.  in fact
this has been on my wishlist for a while now:

  wish: main-menu write-muttrc
     The command "write-muttrc" writes a full muttrc
     with all variables and current defaults and values:

     # MUTT setup file (aka muttrc)
     # created by MUTT 0.48.1
     # Date: Sat Oct 19 19:19:19 CEST 1996
     # variable=default #default!
       variable=value   #current

but since it's been there (some five and a half years)
noone seemed to care about this.  so why add it now?

i remember discussions about this being bloat and
i have to agree now.  while it *can* be useful
it will probably not be used by users every day.

so i suggest that a script for this
be added to the contrib directory.

if the sources are strict about this then
the script should be quite trivial. anyone?

Sven