> > and then, while holding down the finger on backspace for the next 2
> > minutes clearing out the to: field, you think mutt is a great program,
> > but something here is very seriously stuffed. At least I couldn't find
> > a key which clears the whole field.
>
> Ctrl-U, there are lots of other nifty commands for working with the

Cool, just what I was loking for, thanks!

> built-in editor - Right at the end of the manual of course ;-).

Hm, I presume you must mean the editor window key bindings. Sorry, but
the editor window is when I edit message bodies. If editing e.g. the fcc
field in composer after pressing f is also the editor, the manual should
say so. Specifically, TAB TAB only works when editing fcc, not e.g. cc
(sensible). Where does it say that in the manual?

Bug: the manual doesn't mention TAB in the compose window reference.

> > On a similar vain, why can't I select from any of the mail folders
> > (like after c) from the send screen when I want to change Fcc:?
>
> Works for me, at least tab-completion does

Yes

>, and two tabs takes me to the
> folder browser.

Yes, but its file display is stuffed. In composer window, press f,
prompt for editing fcc appears. It shows =logfile. Press TAB twice, the
only file listed is logfile. The mask variable is "!^\.[^.]". Press m to
change mask, press enter to not change the mask, and voila - the correct
list of files appears. This must be a bug?

mutt 1.3.22.1i

s.keeling writes:

> Press return, copy them all from the From: line to the Cc: line, or
> just blow them away and enter the alias on the Cc: line.  When you
> exit the editor, all will be well.

1) You forgot to mention that this doesn't work at all unless
edit_fields is set.
2) It doesn't answer the question, but does provide a workaround, a
workaround which doesn't even exist at the point the question arises!

Thanks to all 3 of you who replied.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann, list0570 at paradise dot net dot nz
http://volker.orcon.net.nz/             Please do not CC list postings to me.