Hi!

I've just received a message with these headers:

Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DCberpr=FCfun?=
        =?iso-8859-1?Q?g?= von E-Mail Adressen?

Is this the "best" way to encode the word "Überprüfung" at this
position?  What makes me wonder, is why the "g" has been put on the next
line and why it was encoded at all?  I'm not too sure on the RfC part,
but I would have expected something like:

Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DCberpr=FCfung?=
        von E-Mail Adressen?

Would this be wrong?

Hmm, and why was the "g" encoded with iso-8859-1?  Wouldn't us-ascii be
more conservative (and also 2 bytes shorter (that's no question *G*))?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]